WILSONVILLE, OR – The Korean War Veterans Association, Oregon Trail Chapter, is hosting the “Korean War 62nd Anniversary Remembrance Ceremony” on Saturday, June 23, 2012, 11:00 am-12:30 pm, at the Oregon Korean War Memorial in Town Center Park, 29250 SW Parkway Ct, Wilsonville.
Members of the Korean War Veterans Association and other veterans organizations invite veterans, their families and the public as community leaders acknowledge and pay respects to fallen soldiers during the 62nd Anniversary Celebration of the commencement of the Korean War. A Korean War veterans metals-presentation ceremony conducted by South Korean Army Major General (ret.) Seung Woo Choi, who is also a commissioner of Yeasan, South Korea, precedes the main program starting at 10:00 a.m. Korean foods will be served after the ceremony concludes, courtesy of the Korean War Memorial Foundation of Oregon, Korean Society of Oregon and Korean Inter-Married Women’s Association.
The program features a variety of speakers, musical groups and events, including:
- Wilsonville Mayor Tim Knapp
- Major General David B. Enyeart, Chief of Staff, United States Armed Forces, S. Korea
- Jim Willis, Director, Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs
- State Senator Laurie Monnes Anderson, Oregon State Senate Dist. 25
- Southridge High School Choir, Director Robert Hawthorne
- Korean Elder Choir of Oregon, Conductor Young J. Kim
- Oregon Chorale, Conductor Soktu Kim
- Rifle Salute by member of VFW Post 4248 and American Legion Post 180
- Taps by Ron Phillips and Echo Taps
News Release from: City of Wilsonville