Oregon State Police (OSP) and Tillamook County Sheriff’s Office are still on the scene investigating the suspicious death of an unidentified adult female found late Friday night along Highway 6 about eighteen miles east of Tillamook. The highway remains closed due to the ongoing investigation that now also involves the OSP Forensic Services Division and scene reconstructionists. An autopsy is tentatively scheduled for Sunday at the State Medical Examiner’s Office to assist with determining the manner and cause of death.
Investigators are asking for the public’s help to not only develop additional information but also to positively identify the victim. She is described as:
- white female estimated 18 – 25 years of age
- approximately 5’8″ and weighing 135 – 145 lbs
- long bleach-blonde hair with a layer of dark hair underneath the lighter top layer
- wearing a pink buttoned down blouse underneath a camouflage long sleeve fleece woman’s full zipper front sweat jacket, short “hot pink” shorts, and tan cowboy boots with an approximate 2 inch heel (a photograph of the woman’s cowboy boots provided with this updated news release)
- no known tattoos or piercings found at this time
Anyone with information regarding this investigation, including anyone who was traveling in the vicinity around the times mentioned below, is asked to call OSP Northern Command Center dispatch at 800-452-7888.
Previously released additional information indicates on January 18, 2013 at approximately 10:14 p.m., a vehicle described as an unknown make or model late 1980′s to early 1990′s full-size pickup was observed by a witness stopped on the north side shoulder of the westbound lane on Highway 6 between milepost 18 and 19. Two people, a man and woman, were seen along the highway near the stopped pickup that was also described as having a chrome colored “headache” rack behind the rear window. The witness also an eastbound commercial truck passed through the area about this same time.
About 25 minutes later, the witness contacted a Tillamook police officer advising of the suspicious circumstances along Highway 6 near milepost 18 about two miles east of Jordan Creek Road. An OSP trooper responded and found a deceased adult female along the highway.
The manner and cause of death is pending confirmation and no more information is expected to be released at this time.
Travelers should use an alternative route until the highway is re-opened. ODOT will post traffic updates on TripCheck.com.
Source: Oregon State Police